|WIIC: March 12-14, 2014|
6. Diversity as a Strategic Change Process
Gaining maximum advantage from diversity requires much more than training. Diversity can best provide a strategic advantage when it is handled as a long-term organizational change process. This workshop will help participants grapple with the seven steps necessary to achieve meaningful culture change, and develop a strategy for creating a culture of inclusion that is suitable and relevant to each participant’s unique organization.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Apply an approach to getting buy-in at all levels of the organization
- Learn to develop a productive diversity task force/council
- Gain keys for designing effective diversity training based on both awareness and skills
- Develop clear evaluation and measurement techniques and processes
- Experience designing a change initiative
The workshop is designed for intercultural consultants, diversity coordinators, diversity council members and trainers, human resource professionals, or anyone who has the responsibility for leading and implementing a diversity strategy.
Dr. Anita Rowe is a partner in Gardenswartz & Rowe, a diversity consulting company, and the co-author of a series of books on diversity themes, including Managing Diversity: A Complete Desk Reference and Planning Guide and The Global Diversity Desk Reference: Managing an International Workforce.